On which devices will FFOS2.5 run?

On which devices will FFOS2.5 run?

Postby amiga23 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:08 am

Will it run on the Alcatel One Touch Fire and the Alcatel Pixi 3.5? Or will we need new devices? What will be the minimum requirements?
amiga23

Re: On which devices will FFOS2.5 run?

Postby Avijit » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:10 pm

FirefoxOS 2.5 is still under development, so it's too early to predict which devices will get it.

Possibly Alcatel OneTouch Pixi devices will get it along with LG Fx0.
Have questions related to Firefox OS? Ask it on http://Ask.firefoxosguide.com and the experts will answer it. For up to date news, reviews and rumours related to Firefox OS, visit http://FirefoxOSGuide.com/
Avijit
Site Admin

Postby Penserbjorne » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:04 am

Actually Im using a Flame with the 2.5 and the devices runs a little slow, the keyboard is very very very slow u.u Iguess that is because the OS is still in development as Avijit said, and about the devices I think that the first generation dont will get and update from the vendor :/

I guess will run in all the devices, but we need people compiling it, I compiled the previous 3.0 and run good on a AOTF and ZTE Open in both devices, so I will try with the 2.5 :)

But!! For the AOTF in MexMod we have a boot.img modified, that image enable have a swap partition on your SDcard :) we recommend use a class 10 SDcard, so maybe the device have a small ram but with the swap I guess will run good the v2.5.

Cheers!
Penserbjorne

Postby Penserbjorne » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:24 am

Im running the v2.5 on a Flame and runs very very slow, the keyboard is the worst :( but as Avijit said this version is still under development so I hope in the future have a better perfomance.

I guess will run in all the devices, but we need people compiling it, I compiled the previous 3.0 and run good on a AOTF and ZTE Open in both devices, so I will try with the 2.5 :)

In MexMod we have use a boot.img that have enable the swap partition, so I guess the v2.5 with swap will run good. I will try to compile in a few days, so stay in touch on this thread :)

Cheers!
Penserbjorne

Postby Penserbjorne » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:33 am

Sorry for the repeated reply D; I tought that I erased my answer by error, sorry :/
Penserbjorne

Postby kskarthik » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:04 am

Not yet declared. We should wait till november :)
Sai Karthik
Contributor & Evangelist @ Mozilla
kskarthik

Return to Firefox OS 2.5